The Credit Committee (Crecom) is a Committee created by the Board of Directors of Philippine Business Bank to perform specific functions set out hereunder. As such, its regular members (including the Committee Chairman) shall be appointed by the Board of Directors and shall report directly thereto. Its primary role is to assist the Board of Directors in fulfilling its corporate responsibilities by providing oversight on the Bank's credit activities, particularly in identifying, assessing, measuring, monitoring and managing the Bank's credit risk.
The Committee shall be composed of a minimum of three (3) members of the Board of Directors, namely:
Chairman_______________ Committee Chairman
Vice Chairman___________ Member
President & CEO_________ Member
The Chairman Emeritus may sit in the Committee meetings in an advisory capacity.
The membership may be increased to such number as the Board of Directors may deem necessary.
Note: The Head of the Credit Management Group shall act as the Crecom Secretariat.
- Responsible for the establishment of the Bank's overall credit risk strategy and credit policy
- Reviews and approves the Credit implementing guidelines and procedures.
- Reviews credit evaluation and approval procedures and initiates changes, if necessary, to ensure continued relevance and effectiveness
- Evaluates and approves loan proposals within its Board approved credit approval authority
- Monitors the performance and quality of the Bank's credit portfolio
- Reviews and oversees the development of loan loss provision policy and regularly assesses its appropriateness and application
- Maintains records of all its proceedings
- Reviews and monitors the effectiveness and application of credit policies, related standards and procedures and the control environment with respect to credit decisions
- Has the authority to investigate any matter within its terms of reference.
The members of the Committee shall serve at the pleasure of the Board of Directors and for such term or terms as the Board may determine, or until their resignation, death or removal from office. Termination of member's term of office may differ to allow the retention of seasoned members and to ensure the Committee's uninterrupted workflow.
The Committee shall meet once a week or as often as may be required on such date and on such time as determined by the Chairman of the Committee.
The Crecom Secretariat shall confer with the Committee Chairman on the items to be included in the agenda for each meeting.
During each meeting, the Committee may require the attendance of relevant officer(s) to address any query from the Members or to present specified reports.
The proceedings during the meetings shall be recorded by the Crecom Secretariat and the minutes thereof prepared and for notation by the members of the Committee.
The agenda for each meeting shall be prepared and provided in advance together wit copies of the Loan Approval Memorandum (LAM).
In the meetings, a quorum is declared if majority of the members of the Committee are present.
A majority vote among those present at the meeting shall be required to approve a loan or pass or defeat any resolution.